If you have ever just tried oil painting and was turned off by it then you need to try it again. These tricks and tips to help you with your oil painting. And if you really want to you too can be a fine art painter with your own originals for sale. Oil painting is an interesting kind of painting with the use of Varnishes. Varnishes can be made from a combination of many oils. The most commonly used oils are linseed oil, poppyseed oil walnut, and safflower. The oil
Making painting easier
If you have just tried oil Painting, and been turned off by it. Then here are some tips to help you out. It will make the learning process much more enjoyable.
1. The selection of your pallet is important. Remember earlier you were told to keep them in the same order. This will place them in the order then flow and convenience If you don’t like it you can change it later.
2. To make sure your oil paint is smooth, remember to buy a good quality set of brushes. I swear this is true. I bought cheap brushes at first and could not paint a thing. To get better ones and take good care of them.
3. To clean the brushes. To clean them properly, Make a mix of thinner and liquid soap. Dip the brush into the mix and wipe it off with newspaper. Then they will be clean and properly shaped for next time.
4. Some time sit can be confusing to check the right color combination of color you are using. This confusion can be cleared. If you get used to color value, like temperature intensity and hue. Right!Sounds even more confusing. For example orange stands for intensity, shades of red are best for hues and black is a choice for outlining.
5. Getting cracks in your paintings are common. Just follow a thinner layer of paint thinker layer of paint with aa thin coat.
6. Last but not least is never let your last layer dry in the dark. Put it in the light. Or a thin layer of oil will form over the painting.
Oil painting is an interesting kind of painting been popular since the 1300s in England. Back then painters usually preferred tempera over oils. They dried faster than the oils. Then in the 1500s artists began mixing Tempra with oils. Finally in the 1700th century when pure oil paints began being used as an art medium. There were a lot of benefits to using oil paints. some of them are:
1. The largest benefit of oil painting is anyone can do it with very little knowledge of how. The materials are very easy to pick up at any craft store. Even at Walmart now. The themes can vary, as far as the painter’s imagination can go, there is full freedom to use his creative skill can go while doing his painting.
2. Versatility is another benefit. Canvases lay flat as to not take up much room like ceramics, sculptors, or woodworking Unless it is wood burning. And that depends on what you are woodburning on. So they are easy to store and not fragile.
3. Oil painting requires much less time to dry than they use to. They are made up of pigments that are mixed in oil. Some people find this part of oil painting quite troublesome. But painting is an art that requires patience. so we must all learn this art form. Different Oils dry at different times.
4. Oil paints are also great for mixing well with the surrounding paint, so blending is easy to do. When applied to canvas it holds the artist brush strokes giving texture and depth to a painting.
5. With oil paints, you can mix with other solvents and apply a glaze to part or all of the painting. Which adds to glamour and beauty. Rarely are painting of any kind the same as mine. I like realism. In these modern days, people paint with bright colors, patterns, and illusions.
Please leave a comment and your email address so I can let you know weekly of sales and new post like this. Thank you!